As one of New Mexico’s largest and fastest growing non-profits, we provide an atmosphere with a compelling mission, to end hunger in New Mexico. If you are interested in giving back to your community and helping the hungry in our community please consider applying for a position with us.
Roadrunner Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace.
If you are interested in applying for an open position, please:
- Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come by and fill out an application: 5840 Office Boulevard NE
Please no faxes or phone calls! Contact information and directions available here.
THANK YOU for your interest in Roadrunner Food Bank!
Current Openings: Development Officer
The Development Officer is responsible for increasing the financial resources needed to support Roadrunner Food Bank’s mission. Manages activities that help enhance donors’ engagement with Roadrunner Food Bank (RRFB). Works closely with other fundraising team members to ensure that donor tracking, cultivation, and recognition activities are integrated.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contributes to planning for the Development Department’s growth and success.
- Participates in all phases of RRFB’s Feed Seed Lead Major Gift Campaign
- Takes full responsibility for various portfolios (level, group, society) of donors
- Ensures that donor tracking, cultivation, and recognition activities are integrated.
- Helps to develop and participate in fundraising activities throughout the state
- Manages Board and Development Committee cultivation and solicitation activities
- Helps to coordinate the A Place at the Table fundraising event, including the recruitment and cultivation of Table Captains
- Helps with the development of new strategies and maintains systems for Corporate engagement
- Manages RRFB’s planned giving programs including our Full Plate Society
- Oversight of timely and accurate data entry and thanking of gifts
- Takes initiative to grow and improve areas of responsibility.
- Ability to fundraise through all facets of moves management
- Is responsible for all phases of grant management including research, writing, tracking and reporting
- Maximizes CRM as a fundraising tool
- Analyzes donor data and history to improve Development strategies and program
- Manages donor recognition programs
- Has an enthusiasm for working with skills-based volunteers
- Completes high-level gift data entry and provides appropriate appreciation
- Regularly supervises the Development Assistant which includes but is not limited to: interviewing, hiring, terminations, employee training, planning, directing work, evaluating performance, performance management of employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Contributes as part of team that develops strategies, systems and activities that raise funds to support Roadrunner Food Bank’s Feed Seed Lead strategic framework.
- Participates in advocacy activities
- Has an enthusiasm for participating in cross-departmental projects. (e.g, agency capacity granting process, PDO monitoring team, RRFB committees and work groups.)
- Manages direct mail program along with the Communications Officer
- Works with event manager to raise sponsorships
- Displays passion for fundraising for Roadrunner Food Bank’s mission.
- Is enthusiastic about role and provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Displays passion and optimism for the work, provides vision and inspiration to peers, and exemplifies RRFB core values.
- Bachelor’s degree and three to four years of related experience; or a combination of education and experience
- Three (3) years experience in a fundraising or marketing/sales function.
- Strong experience with various aspects of fundraising such as: grants, donor cultivation, soliciting, and database management
- Demonstrated ability to manage donor or customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to a career in fundraising.
- Proven track record in a fundraising or sales activity.
- Excellent writing and organizational skills.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to do some travel within the state and occasionally out of state