Mobile Food Pantry in New Mexico
Every week here in New Mexico, Roadrunner Food Bank provides hunger relief services to 70,000 people through our food assistance and direct service programs. Our Albuquerque and Las Cruces branch locations have long been serving our most vulnerable communities. As one of our direct service programs, one way we provide hunger relief is through our Mobile Food Pantry (MFP).
What is the Mobile Food Pantry (MFP)?
The Mobile Food Pantry (MFP) is a traveling food pantry which eliminates the need for long-term or large-capacity storage. This program provides families with 50 pounds of perishable and non-perishable food in places where it is difficult to access a food pantry. Families represent a large segment of clients served at Mobile Food Pantry sites. More than 40% of those helped through the Mobile Food Pantry are children.
How to Help
In order to keep hunger relief programs like the Mobile Food Pantry alive, our Food Bank needs your ongoing support. You can help us provide hunger relief in our New Mexico community by:
- Organizing a food drive and fund drive at your business or community-based organization
- Making a one-time donation
- Making a recurring donation through our Roadrunner Club
- Volunteering at one of our branch locations in Las Cruces or Albuquerque
- Donating stocks or mutual funds from your portfolio
Every dollar you donate allows the Food Bank to distribute five meals to hungry people. With your help, our two branch locations and our Mobile Food Pantry program are able to provide much needed hunger relief to hundreds of thousands of New Mexicans annually. Please give to Roadrunner Food Bank today. Contact us for more information and together we can solve hunger in New Mexico!
Looking for ways to help? We have provided a few tips to get involved right away.
- Help Roadrunner Food Bank solve hunger by making a monthly donation – set up a monthly recurring gift.
- Receive email from the Food Bank by opting in.
- Learn about how to volunteer at the Food Bank – click to register
- Learn how you can serve in other ways by visiting our Take Action Page