Do you need help with food? Please use our food assistance line to receive help from Roadrunner Food Bank and our network of partner agencies. As a state largest food bank, we serve as a distribution center and provide food to about 500 partner agencies across the state which includes food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters and other hunger-relief programs.
Call us for Help with Food Assistance
When you call our food assistance line, we will provide contact information for three partner agencies we work with in your area. Be sure to have paper and a pen or pencil ready when you call. You’ll need to know your zip code too!
Call for food assistance: 505-349-5340 or 575.523.4390
You can also use our “Search for Help” feature on our website. Enter your zip code and a list of agencies will appear including the day and time they distribute food.
Click here for Online Food Assistance Help
Tips About Food Assistance
- After you have received the names and contact information for one or more of our partner agencies, be sure to call each before going to receive food
- Confirm the dates and times of the distribution when you call our partners
- You may be required to bring a photo ID, or paperwork showing you live in the zip code of the agency you want to visit
- Bring bags or boxes to place any food items in. Our agencies may not have boxes or bags to place food in.
- Arrange transportation in advance. Our agencies do not have enough volunteers or staff to deliver food to your home. Seniors, the disabled, the medically frail or those on Medicaid may be able to qualify for a reduced fare or no cost transportation through the:
- City of Albuquerque
- Rio Metro Regional Transit District
- New Mexico Aging and Long-Term Services Department
- City of Las Cruces
- The municipality where you live
Other Resources and Services in New Mexico
Roadrunner Food Bank recognizes that if you need help with food, you may also need help in other ways too. Below is a list of additional resources in New Mexico you may want to contact:
- NM Human Services Dept. – Income Support Division – 877-993-3637
- NM Human Services Dept. – SNAP Food Assistance – 800-283-4465
- NM Human Services Dept. – Medicaid Client Services – 855-637-6574
- Summer Food Service Program – 800-328-2665
- United Way of Central New Mexico – Dial 2-1-1 or call 505-245-1735
- United Way of Southwest New Mexico – 575-524-7561
- Women Infant and Children’s Program (WIC) – visit www.nmwic.org
Contact Roadrunner Food Bank of New Mexico for more information about food assistance in your community.