(top of frame)

Other Resources

Roadrunner Food Bank recognizes that if you need help with food, you may need help with other resources too.  That is why we have provided a few resources you may want to contact for help with shelter, clothing, support for domestic violence, where to apply for SNAP (food stamp benefits), WIC, General Assistance, and other help.

United Way of Central New Mexico

United Way of Central New Mexico hosts a help line that any person in our community can contact that may need additional help other than food.  The Help Line provides a list of resources for needs such as clothing, counseling, disaster services, legal services, shelter, health resources, employment, etc.

Simply dial 2-1-1 or 505.245.1735 on your phone to reach a United Way operator.  The United Way help line operates Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 p.  You may also access a list of resources on United Way’s website.

NM Human Services Department(NMHSD)

The NM Human Services Department (NMHSD) is another way you may want to apply for help with state programs.  Visit http://www.hsd.state.nm.us/ to access their main website to find information from the NM Human Services Department.

NMHSD Divisions

Income Support Division – for people who may need help with Temporary Cash Assistance (TANF), General Assistance, Low Income Energy Support (LIHEAP) and SNAP (food stamps) benefits.   Offices are located throughout the state.  Find the office near you by calling 1.888.473.3676 or 505.827.7250.  Visit http://www.hsd.state.nm.us/isd/ for additional information about their programs and to download applications to apply for help.

Medical Assistance Division – for those in our community who may need to apply for Medicaid  also known as Centennial Care or call 888.997.2583 or 505.827.3100.

Other Programs

WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for NM Women, Infant & Children) – the program provides supplemental food to participants and education on nutrition, breastfeeding and referrals to health and social programs.  WIC helps women with children up to 5 years of age.  Visit the New Mexico Department’s of Health’s website for information.

The Summer Food Services Program – this is federal summer food program run by the NM Children Youth and Families Department.  The purpose is to help children who may not have enough food to eat during the summer.  In NM, many children rely on the free/reduced breakfast and lunch program during the school year.  Once school is out however, children may not have adequate nutrition over the summer months until school is back in session.  To find a list of Summer Food Program sites in your community call 1.800.328.2665 or 505.841.4856.

Helpful Summer Food Service Program Weblinks

– City of Albuquerque
– Rio Rancho
Children Youth & Families Dept. (CYFD)

Farmer’s Markets
Community members that receive SNAP benefits may use their EBT cards at many Farmer’s Market locations throughout the state.  Produce tends to be an item that many hungry people can’t afford to purchase, but this program allows struggling and needy people the option to use their EBT card to purchase healthy food such as fruits and vegetables.  Visit http://farmersmarketsnm.org to view a list of participating locations.

Diabetes Testing and Management

As part of ALTSD’s collaborative efforts with the Department of Health Diabetes Prevention Control Program the following is information regarding testing for diabetes which many people may not know they have.  Included in the links below is a list of clinics in NM funded  by the Rural Primary Health Care Act where testing is done and tips to stay healthy. These clinics provide care for all New Mexicans, even those with no insurance.  Please share this information with anyone who feel might benefit.

Tips to Staying Healthy

FY11 RPHCA Funded Clinics by County

(top of frame)