Hunger Action Month
Hunger affects communities all across the country—rural, urban, and suburban. Right here in our state, nearly 40,000 people every week need help with food.
Take action during Hunger Action Month! Together we create a voice for those struggling with hunger in our state.
Speak Out Against Hunger by:
- Download Roadrunner Food Bank’s 30 Ways in 30 Days Calendar to find ways to speak out daily.
- GO ORANGE! Wear orange on Friday’s in September and tell those you know why you are wearing orange. GO ORANGE DIGITALLY by changing your social media sites and website to orange.
- Watch and share the Meet Hungry Kate video.
- Like/follow us on our social media sites -see upper right side of our website for links.
- Advocate! Send a personal note/postcard to New Mexico’s congressional delegation through Feeding America’s Facebook application.
- Visit www.hungeractionmonth.org to see how others are taking action!
- Give! Learn about our Giving Societies here.
We are working harder every day to assist individuals and families right here in New Mexico. Whether it’s by advocating and raising awareness, making donations, or giving of your time and energy, everyone can play a role in ending hunger during Hunger Action Month.
To learn more about Hunger Action Month on a national level, visit www.HungerActionMonth.org