In-kind donations to Roadrunner Food Bank are gifts of tangible goods or services that help us in our work to feed hungry people across the state of New Mexico. Every year, we have many businesses and organizations that provide different types of in-kind contributions. Tangible items that have been donated to the Food Bank have included food, pallet racking, freezers, computer equipment, vehicles and more. Services are also a type of in-kind donation that we rely on and helps us reduce our expenses and support the brand of the Food Bank including printing, electrical work, graphic design, advertising and even legal services to obtain trademark registration for the Food Bank’s mark.
There are hundreds of in-kind donations we receive a year, below is our top in-kind donors.
Top Five In-Kind Food Donors and our Food Rescue Program
- Walmart and Sam’s Club – 5.8 million pounds
- Smith’s Food & Drug Stores – 817,352 pounds
- Border Foods – 615,000 pounds
- Oroweat – 424,000 pounds
- Pueblo Fruits – 412,000 pounds
For more information about our Food Rescue Program click here.
Top In-Kind Advertising and Public Relations Donors
- Albuquerque Journal
- Clear Channel Outdoor
- Clear Channel Radio
- KOB FM
- KOB TV
- KRST FM
- Lamar Outdoor
Top In-Kind Donors – General Categories
- Albuquerque Packaging – Boxes
- Anonymous Donor – Insulation and Fire Sprinkler System
- Community Action Agency – freezers, portable generator, Ford 250, use of a box truck for our Southern Branch
- Greetings, Etc. – Printing
- Martin Heinrich’s Office – Furniture
- Hewlett Packard –Computer Equipment
- Laben Electric –9 Month Use of a Scissor Lift
- Doug Moody – Stretch Wrap Machine
- New Mexico Fleet Design – Truck Banners
- New Mexico Grocers Association – Furniture
- Peacock Myers, PC – Legal Services to Register Trademark
- Summit Electric – Pallet Racking
Thank you to the hundreds of in-kind donors that help us in our work every year. Your gift helps us by allowing us to take our dollars further and provide more food to hungry New Mexicans.
For more information on how to become and in-kind donor to Roadrunner Food Bank, contact Stephanie Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 505.349.8678.