Thanksgiving and Holiday Charitable Giving
The holiday season is a time to spend time with your close friends and family to share the love you have for one another. You are able to sit around the dinner table with your family members and enjoy a meal, but every year on Thanksgiving, part of our New Mexico community does not have the ability to be able to share food with their family members. Our New Mexico Food Bank devotes our resources to helping members of our community have the opportunity to share a traditional Thanksgiving meal with those they love.
Organize a Thanksgiving and Holiday Charitable Giving
You have the opportunity to help someone in need put a meal on the table during the Thanksgiving and Holiday gift giving season. Your charitable support will help us to feed 70,000 children, adults and seniors every week through our statewide hunger-relief network. All you have to do is get your business, community-based organization, group or faith community together to help. Then:
- Volunteer. Reserve a time to volunteer and help as an individual, with a group, or as a family. While, we aren’t open on Thanksgiving or Christmas, your volunteer efforts in our warehouse help prep food leaving our docks to be delivered to our statewide hunger-relief network. Volunteers are needed Monday-Friday from 8 am to 4 pm and Saturdays from 8 am to 2 pm.
- Make a financial gift. Your donation allows us to extend our reach into communities across the state. For every $1 given, we are able to distribute 5 meals.
- Coordinate an Online Food Drive with a group! Start a team to raise funds right online. Your team’s collective efforts is the most efficient way to get your group involved in solving hunger together. Register a team, join a team or set your own personal fundraising goal. Send email to encourage others to support your efforts to feed hungry people! he drive right from your computer via our online food drive webpage.
- Host a Food Drive on behalf of Roadrunner Food Bank. Groups, businesses, faith communities, friends and others collect food donations on our behalf to help us us feed hungry people throughout New Mexico. Visit our food drive page for helpful tips on hosting a successful food drive. Once your food drive is complete, please return the food you collected during business hours – Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm. Since our fleet must remain focused on delivering food to communities, we no longer have the ability to deliver or loan out food barrels or pick up donated food items.
Thank you for helping us solve hunger and for taking action with us!
Looking for more ways to help? We have provided a few tips to get involved right away.
- Help Roadrunner Food Bank solve hunger by making a monthly donation – set up a monthly recurring gift.
- Receive email from the Food Bank by opting in.
- Learn about how to volunteer at the Food Bank – click to register
- Learn how you can serve in other ways by visiting our Take Action Page