Get Involved: Group Volunteer Opportunities & Food Drive Information
Getting your business, group or faith-based organization involved in helping Roadrunner Food Bank is a great way to fight hunger in New Mexico.
Every contribution to Roadrunner Food Bank makes a huge impact in our community. Whether you choose to host a charity event or organize your company’s volunteer opportunities, you’re helping to contribute to the 23 million pounds of food we distribute every year around New Mexico.
How to Setup a Food Drive
Setting up a food drive or charity event for your organization is simple, and helps us feed nearly 40,000 people every week.
- Contact us to let us know you are planning to host a food drive at your organization.
- If you plan on collecting more than 250 pounds of food or more, we can drop off our barrels at your location and pick them up after you are finished. However, we hope you will help us save fuel by picking up the barrels OR dropping off the food you collected on our behalf by bringing your donation directly to the Food Bank.
- Fill out the barrel tracking sheet while your food drive or charity event is starting and attach to the barrel.
- If you have less than 250 pounds of food, we ask you to please bring the food your group collected directly to Roadrunner Food Bank between 8am and 4pm, Monday through Friday.
Our staff is always available to you, should you have any questions about how to host a food drive. Contact us today to get started!
How to Arrange Volunteer Opportunities for Your Organization
Roadrunner Food Bank always has a wide range of volunteer opportunities available in our warehouse or administrative support areas. Volunteering with Roadrunner Food Bank is easy:
- Groups of less than 20 should register online with us by creating a username and passcode. You will receive a confirmation email once you have scheduled your volunteer appointment.
- Groups of 20+ should use this online form to request a volunteer day/time with us. If you have more than 20 people interested in volunteering, split the groups into separate volunteer shifts. For large groups, our staff will contact you to confirm the requested day and time are available.
Volunteering is a great way to show support for our community with your business or organization. Contact us today if you have questions about volunteering with Roadrunner Food Bank or visit this link for additional details