Get Involved: Group Volunteer Opportunities & Food Drive Information
Getting your business, group or faith-based organization involved in helping Roadrunner Food Bank is a great way to help solve hunger in New Mexico.
Every contribution to Roadrunner Food Bank makes a huge impact in our community. Whether you choose to host a charity event or organize your company’s volunteer opportunities, you’re helping to contribute to the 30 million pounds of food we distribute every year around New Mexico.
How to Setup a Food and Fund Drive
Setting up a food drive or charity event for your organization is simple, and helps us feed nearly 70,000 people every week.
- Contact us to let us know you are planning to host a food drive at your organization.
- Visit our Food Drive page for details about hosting a food drive
- Set up a team fund drive to collect monetary donations through our Online Food Drive tool.
- Confirm the dates of your food and fund drive. Pick dates that work for your group to host a food and fund drive. Use sturdy boxes or borrow Roadrunner Food Bank’s collection barrels. If you plan to use our food barrels, please coordinate a pick up day and time with us well in advance.
- Once your food drive is complete, please return the food you collected and the food barrels during business hours – Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4pm.
Our staff is always available to answer question about how to host a food and fund drive.
How to Arrange Volunteer Opportunities for Your Organization
Roadrunner Food Bank always has a wide range of volunteer opportunities available in our warehouse or administrative support areas. Volunteering with Roadrunner Food Bank is easy:
- Groups of less than 20 should register online with us by creating a username and passcode. You will receive a confirmation email once you have scheduled your volunteer appointment.
- Groups of 20+ should use this online form to request a volunteer day/time with us. If you have more than 20 people interested in volunteering, split the groups into separate volunteer shifts. For large groups, our staff will contact you to confirm the requested day and time are available.
Volunteering is a great way to show support for our community with your business or organization. Contact us today if you have questions about volunteering with Roadrunner Food Bank or visit this link for additional details.
Looking for more ways to help? We have provided a few tips to get involved right away.
- Help Roadrunner Food Bank solve hunger by making a monthly donation – set up a monthly recurring gift.
- Receive email from the Food Bank by opting in.
- Learn about how to volunteer at the Food Bank – click to register
- Learn how you can serve in other ways by visiting our Take Action Page