Food Manufacturer Rescue in New Mexico
Since our founding in 1980, we have been involved in food rescue obtaining quality and good food before it was thrown out or disposed of with the sole purpose of giving it to those who do not have enough to eat. Our New Mexico Food Bank distributed 19 million pounds of rescued food in 2012, and a part of that came from food manufacturers. We need the continuing support of food manufacturers in order to sustain and maintain our inventory of food to distribute through a network of partner agencies and hunger programs across the state
The Benefits of Food Rescue for the Manufacturer
Donating to our Food Bank is good for everyone, including the food manufacturer. Benefits of food rescue to the manufacturer include:
- Reducing disposal fees. Throwing away food can be expensive, especially when considering the transport and disposal fees involved. By donating to our Food Bank, which provides free pick-up service, you eliminate these costs.
- Tax incentives. All donations are eligible for tax credit. We are happy to provide you any necessary paperwork for you to receive this benefit. Please note that in-kind donations of food must be valued by your company or organization.
- Freeing up floor space. Less clutter in your warehouse areas by storing surplus food and unused inventory.
- A positive image. Customers notice when a company they buy from does something good for the community. Donating to our Food Bank does a great deal to help the New Mexico community. Your food rescue donations are all protected under the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Act, which removes and limits your company’s liability.
- Preventing food from being thrown away. By donating to our Food Bank, you can keep food out of landfills and get it to people who are in need of assistance.
Food Manufacturers can donate:
- Close to code items
- Partial cases
- Out of Code with extended use-by dates
- Bulk or food service size
- Discontinued items
- Mislabeled items
- Perishable items
- Test product inventory
- Reclamation or salvage products
- Off-spec items
- Packaging changes
- Promotional or seasonal items
We need your help to maintain our food supply that so many hungry New Mexicans depend on. Every week through a network of partner agencies we are helping nearly 40,000 hungry people each week with your help. Please contact us to gather more information about how you can help or to setup a donation schedule!