Wholesale Food Donations in New Mexico
Every year, our New Mexico Food Bank distributes more than 26 million pounds of food to people in need of hunger relief. In order to sustain our food supply to hungry people in New Mexico, we are in constant need of donations from our community. Donate excess product as a wholesale food distributor to help our Food Bank reach the nearly 40,000 hungry people who count on our help with basic needs such as food every week.
Why Donate to Roadrunner Food Bank
According to FoodRescue.net, approximately 40% of all food in America is wasted every year, thrown into landfills. By donating excess food you can keep good food out of the landfill and place into the hands of hungry people across New Mexico. You gift of food can help provide hunger relief to vulnerable children, adults and seniors. And the gift you give has benefits too!
The benefits of food rescue for a wholesaler include:
- Reducing disposal fees. Throwing away food can be expensive, especially when considering the transport and disposal fees involved. By donating to our Food Bank, which provides free pick-up service, you eliminate these costs.
- Tax incentives. All donations are eligible for tax credit. We are happy to provide you any necessary paperwork for you to receive this benefit. Please note that in-kind donations of food must be valued by your company or organization.
- Freeing up floor space. Less clutter in your warehouse areas by storing surplus food and unused inventory.
- A positive image. Customers notice when a company they buy from does something good for the community. Donating to our Food Bank does a great deal to help the New Mexico community. Your food rescue donations are all protected under federal and state law. Read the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Act, which removes and limits your company’s liability.
- Preventing food from being thrown away. By donating to our Food Bank, you can keep food out of landfills and get it to people who are in need of assistance.
Food wholesalers can donate:
- Close to code items
- Partial cases
- Out of Code with extended use-by dates
- Bulk or food service size
- Discontinued items
- Mislabeled items
- Perishable items
- Test product inventory
- Reclamation or salvage products
- Off-spec items
- Packaging changes
- Promotional or seasonal items
Giving to our hunger relief efforts provides critical food and meals to our most vulnerable neighbors, and your support also saves your wholesale distribution company money and space. Our Food Bank staff can work with you to arrange to pick up your donated food, saving you money on transportation costs.
Our work in hunger relief is possible thanks to the support of our community. As a wholesale distributor, you might often come across food in damaged packaging, near its expiration date or otherwise slightly defective. Although this product might not be able to be sold in stores, it is still edible and can really help those who are in need of hunger relief. Contact Roadrunner Food Bank to donate today!