Individual Volunteer Work Opportunities in New Mexico
Register online with us today to schedule a time to volunteer!
How much time you spend volunteering with us is up to you. Whether it’s a one-day, two-hours or a regular weekly or monthly commitment, we are grateful for the service that each volunteer provides. Together with your volunteer help we can solve hunger right here in New Mexico.
Our volunteers make it possible to sustain the annual distribution of 30 million pounds of food through a network of hundreds of partner agencies and hunger programs throughout the state. All of those millions of pounds of food go through one of our branch locations. Our New Mexico Food Bank offers many volunteer opportunities to individuals who are interested in supporting our hunger relief efforts and helping us prep food for distribution to 70,000 hungry people across the state.
Volunteer Work Areas
As an individual volunteering at our Food Bank, you have the opportunity to showcase your unique talents and help us prep food for distribution out of our warehouses. You have a wide range of volunteer opportunities, including:
- Administrative support
- Special event planning
- Custodial duties
- Prepping materials for recycling
- Packing food boxes
- Sorting food
- Repacking bulk foods
- Pulling orders
- Accompanying our drivers to pick up food from partners
Who Can Volunteer at Roadrunner Food Bank?
- Be able to properly and safely lift boxes
- Be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Carry out instructions
- Follow safety procedures when working
- Wear appropriate clothing for working in a warehouse environment including closed toed shoes
- Be aware of large equipment moving around the Food Bank including forklifts and pallet jacks
- Be sure to review and understand our volunteer policies
Children six years of age and up and their families are welcome, too. Be sure to bring the appropriate number of adults with your children (younger children should have at least 1 adult for every 3 children who are volunteering). If you want to volunteer, we’ll be happy to have you!
Looking for ways to help? We have provided a few tips to get involved right away.
- Help Roadrunner Food Bank solve hunger by making a monthly donation – set up a monthly recurring gift.
- Receive email from the Food Bank by opting in.
- Learn about how to volunteer at the Food Bank – click to register
- Learn how you can serve in other ways by visiting our Take Action Page